Learning Support Assistant - Closing date 25/01/2023 at 12:00
We are looking to appoint a dedicated and enthusiastic practitioner who has a passion for working with young children and who understands the important role of being a play partner in a continuous provision setting.
Meonstoke CE Infant school is federated with Newtown Soberton infant school and across the federation we strongly believe that our youngest children learn best through creating a highly engaging bespoke curriculum based on the children’s own unique interests and needs, with irresistible, developmentally appropriate play based learning at its core.
Our school Christian values are used to support our curriculum with the aim that children develop a love of learning and curiosity about the world around us, are emotionally intelligent and have appropriate communication skills so that they are respectful towards everyone and have the courage to be independent and resilient when faced with challenge.
What we can offer you:
- The opportunity to work in a child centred infant environment with ‘irresistible learning’ as a key principle underpinning the curriculum
- Enthusiastic, inquisitive and well-mannered children who play an active role in their own learning and development
- The opportunity to work as part of a small but dedicated and supportive team across the federation
- A leadership team who are mindful of the work life balance and well-being of their staff
- A strong program of CPD designed to develop existing strengths and challenge new thinking
What we would like from you:
- Enthusiasm, commitment and creativity to support ‘irresistible’ learning opportunities for our children
- An effective team player who is able to support and contribute significantly to our school community and values
- An understanding of how children learn through play and a passion for inspiring children of this age range
- A good understanding of how to nurture children’s mental health & wellbeing
- The ability to demonstrate good classroom management skills, high expectations and an inclusive approach
- The willingness to be reflective, have a growth mind set and be open to evolving your thinking through CPD.
- Flexibility, a good sense of humour and a positive attitude
- Ideally, recent experience in EYFS