Welcome to all our new parents who have children joining us in September 2022
How can you help prepare your child for beginning school?
- Talk positively and confidently about starting school. Share the social story on our website with them regularly. Watch the ‘Day in the Life’ PPT together.
- Speak with your child about the change in their daily routine, how will they get to school, what time they have to get up in the morning and what they will have in their lunch box etc.
- Develop family routines at home to support your child’s preparation for school e.g. read with your child each night, align your lunchtime to the school lunchtime etc.
- Read books together about starting school
- Develop good relationships with other parents, especially other parents of your child’s friends. You can start building relationships with existing parents via our Newtown Soberton Infant School Facebook group.
Hello! I am to be your new teacher when you start school and I wanted to share a story with you. I hope you enjoy it and I can't wait to meet you all soon! Love Mrs Butler
Hello Hedgehogs! Here is a video showing you the new layout of our classroom as I have made a few changes and it looks a little bit different.
I hope that you are all having a lovely holiday...see you soon love from Mrs Butler
Listen to the story about The Colour Monster starting school ....
(Media will continue converting in the background)
Welcome to Newtown Soberton Infant School..a social transition story for our new Year R children
School Readiness Leaflet
Advice to help build your child's confidence so that they start school with enthusiasm; curious and ready to learn.